Whether you’re a San Francisco first-time homebuyer, a veteran homebuyer, or somewhere in-between, buying a home can be one of the biggest purchase decisions one will make in their lifetime. The process can seem cumbersome and stressful.
Hiring the right realtor to GUIDE you through the process, ADVISE you on market conditions, set EXPECTATIONS and ANSWER your questions will ensure a smooth process and more enjoyable experience.
To help you start the buying process, here is Beverly’s Simple 6-Step Method to BUYING your dream home in San Francisco.
- Begin the process by getting pre-qualified or pre-approved for a loan. If you’re paying “all cash” make sure the funds are liquid. Talk with your accountant for tax advice. Finding out how much you can afford is key. It gives you a guideline to begin your exciting search for that new home. Nothing is more disappointing than falling in love with a home that is only out of your price range, or finding out you can’t get your funds fast enough to be competitive.
- You are in control, so simply reach out. Beverly’s experience and know-how in the San Francisco real estate market can help you answer any of the questions or concerns that you may have. Call or email Beverly directly and share with her your needs, you’d be surprised on how fast she’ll get back with you.
- Invision yourself in that new home. As a team, you and Beverly will start viewing property that meets your needs. Beverly and her team will connect with other Top San Francisco Realtors through Top Agent Network, to find “off-market” opportunities. This exclusive access to off market properties alone gives you more options.
- Negotiating the best possible price is important, wouldn’t you agree? When you have found the perfect home, Beverly will guide you step by step to writing and negotiating a strategic offer that puts YOU in the winning position.
- Giving it to the best SF real estate team. Once your offer is accepted, Beverly and her team will do all of the legwork toward a smooth and successful close: scheduling inspections, setting up escrow, negotiating, etc. Before you know it, you are on your way to being the new and proud owners of a wonderful home in San Francisco!
- Understand what your needs are by asking yourself a few basic questions. Sometimes it’s best to write your responses down.
a. Why am I moving?
b. When do I need to move by?
c. What am I willing to spend?
d. What are my top San Francisco neighborhoods?
e. What are my absolute, “must-haves”?
f. How long will I live in the home?
By asking yourself these questions, you will become clearer on what your needs are for the home that feels right for you.
Final Tidbit: Buy your San Francisco home when you’re ready – when it’s the “right time” for you and your needs. Having a San Francisco real estate expert
assist you along the way is key. You’ll know when you’ve found “the right” home. Beverly will help you make it yours!